End Expensive Water Leaks in Your Houston Home
A normal home squanders 2,000 to 20,000 gallons of water every year as a result of leaks, according to the Alliance for Water Efficiency.
Dripping faucets and leaky water heaters aren’t difficult to find. But other leaks like toilet flapper valves or split water supply lines can go undetected for years.
A water leak can be expensive. You’re paying for surplus water you’re not using, and leaks can be destructive to your home.
That’s why it’s critical to detect and fix the smallest leak.
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning is here to help you accomplish just that. We have the knowledge for professional leak detection and water line repair in Houston.
6 Signs You Might Have a Plumbing Leak
Locating and taking care of leaks are the most popular calls we field for plumbing services. Repairing a leak ASAP can help you avoid pricey water damage. Some leaks may be trickier to find than others, but there are a couple telltale signs that you need to call a plumber in Houston. Here are the top six:
- Your water bill is bigger than average.
- Your pipes often make thumping sounds.
- There are rust stains in your sink, or your water is reddish.
- Floors or walls feel damp or soft.
- You see water stains on the ceiling or walls.
- There’s moist soil or erosion near your house’s foundation.
How to Figure Out if You Have a Leak
If you think you have a leak but can’t see the proof, check your water meter:
- Confirm no water is being used inside or outside your home.
- Check the leak indicator on your water meter. The indicator is usually a triangular dial or miniature silver disc. If the dial is moving, you may have a leak.
We can identify the point of the leak and get it repaired before you spend more money or potentially damage your home.
Common Places for Water Leaks
With all the locations water is used in your home, there are numerous areas you could find a leak.
Leaks can be started by cracked seals around water connectors, deteriorating pipes, obstructions and more.
They frequently occur:
- On water supply lines and connections below the kitchen sink
- In washing machines, particularly ones that are aging
- In hot- and cold-water hoses plugged into your washing machine
If you see proof of a leak, we can get things back to normal. Plus, we stand behind all of our work with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for a year.* Call us at (713) 352-7887 or schedule an appointment online.