Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s made by partial fuel combustion often caused by not enough oxygen. In your home, appliances that use natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are susceptible. Especially if they are not running properly or have been installed incorrectly.
Vehicle exhaust fumes from neighboring garages, as well as poorly operating fireplaces could also produce carbon monoxide. CO is toxic to the body and is fatal at high levels or with long exposure.