Prevention is the most important step. Taking correct safety precautions will decrease your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Houston.
Here are a couple steps you can take to keep your family protected:
- Idle your car outside your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so do not leave yours going in the restricted space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment like lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t use ovens or grills as heating sources. These things are safe when run right but can make carbon monoxide when used for an extensive period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t operate a gas generator indoors, as it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a professional. This verifies chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected correctly.
- Verify gas appliances are working correctly, especially your heating system. You can make sure you’re receiving efficient, safe comfort by scheduling regular furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.