When you turn the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you expect clean, healthy water to flow out. But even if your water seems clear, it could still contain toxic chemicals that present a risk to your family’s health and safety. A lot of people do not like the taste of polluted tap water and grasp the consequences of drinking it. That’s why half of all American homes use either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to ensure they have clean drinking water at home.
If you want to ensure your family’s health, you might first consider continuing the bottled water route. Sadly, this gets pricey soon. In addition, plastic water bottles that don’t get recycled end up damaging the world’s waterways, harming the environment and hurting marine life.
Setting up a whole-house water filtration system is more practical and healthier for the environment than buying bottled water. It may also deliver healthier water more conveniently because you can get it right from the tap. Additionally, whole-house systems send purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing fixtures, enabling you to maximize the benefits anywhere you use water at home.
Before installing a whole-house water filtration system, learn what’s in your drinking water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can eliminate harmful contaminants. Then, get in touch with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to help you pick out and install the right water filter for you.
What’s in Your Water Supply?
Water quality varies by location, but some of the most prevalent contaminants are:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what could be in your drinking water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG files show that above 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, revealing that legal water quality levels aren't necessarily safe.
Think About Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter eliminates dirt, debris and dangerous chemicals from your tap, providing you and your family with safe, healthy water to drink. Here are the perks of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a sure sign of contaminants in your drinking water. Consisting of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is naturally occurring and can accumulate in the water main following heavy rainfall. While largely harmless, sediment can make your drinking water appear and taste unpleasant. Filtermax provides sediment filtration to remove solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is vital to clean drinking water in dense cities. Sadly, this disinfectant can generate dangerous chemical byproducts when it mixes with naturally occurring organic and inorganic materials in the water. A few DPBs, such as trihalomethanes (THMs), are known to cause cancer. Filtermax gets rid of these carcinogens to keep your family safe.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Ensuring safe tap water is the goal of adding putting in any water filtration equipment. Besides being safer for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more constant metallic or musty smells. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more murky water swirling around your glass. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water to every tap: Hazardous chemicals don’t just affect you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin when you shower and cling to your clothing and dishes when you clean them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so worthwhile because it guarantees clean water from every tap.
- No operating costs or squandered water: Some whole-house filtration systems increase your electric bills. Others increase your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax demonstrates that safe, clean water doesn’t have to come with bigger utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s configuration, you may need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor features both designs to cater to your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is one of the best warranties in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you have certainty your investment will continue providing clean, quality drinking water for many years to come.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, we install several types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, including the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re looking to reduce water hardness, clear out bacteria or remove dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the right product for you from Excalibur. Installation is quick, easy and supported by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Call your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office for help picking out a water filtration system that fits your needs and budget.