Air conditioners don’t work indefinitely, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement too? It depends on your situation.
Here are a few aspects to consider, in addition to the benefits of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Questions to Ask When Thinking About Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are key questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- How old is your furnace? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, plan to replace it with your air conditioner. If it’s newer than this, you can typically hold on it.
- What model of air conditioner are you installing? A lot of homeowners are replacing their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This saves energy and increases comfort by working at multiple speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to install a new one to get the total comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give the appropriate air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the proper amount of air to keep your home comfy. An updated air conditioner might need a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is appropriately sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, like one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can determine that static pressure of your system and make the right advice.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your pocketbook if you replace both systems simultaneously.
Why You Should Replace Your Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner work together and are correctly sized, there aren’t typically any major immediate outcomes. A mismatched setup is typically not permanent until the other system fails. You can avoid the short-term fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner at the same time. And, you’ll reap these rewards:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything works at the best efficiency, making your family cozier and lowering your yearly heating and cooling costs.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you buy a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might malfunction for good. In the interim, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have paid for an upgraded furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can spend less on labor by having both replaced at once. And you could even qualify for a special deal since you’re getting new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We understand the cost of replacing your full system may worry you, so we’ll make your investment economical through special discounts or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency system at no money down and simply one low monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are covered!*
You can feel good knowing that our team is highly trained, experienced and ACE-certified to ensure a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at (713) 352-7887 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.