There are a lot of vapors that could be in your Houston home. Natural gas and fumes that derive from home furnishings, flooring and paints. Not a one of these gases are as threatening as carbon monoxide.
Call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at (713) 352-7887 now to get started shielding your loved ones against this dangerous gas.
Why is Carbon Monoxide so Dangerous?
Carbon monoxide could be a big deal, so it’s not a situation to joke about.
1. You Can’t Taste It
Carbon monoxide is life-threatening because you cannot view it, detect it with your nose or recognize it with your taste buds. It’s not as dangerous in little amounts and can’t be filtered.
2. It Can Be Lethal After Only Minutes
Carbon monoxide is a side effect of used fuel. It can leak into your home during the winter if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace cracks. Depending on how big the leak is and the airflow in a house, carbon monoxide can become fatal in within minutes.
Once inhaled, it has a half-life of about five hours. If you are taking in fresh air, you will need five hours to get it out of your body. You will need an extra five hours to decrease that concentration by half.
3. Carbon Monoxide Symptoms Can Resemble Other Illnesses
It can also mirror symptoms that can be misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other conditions.
How to Guard Your Family from Carbon Monoxide
There’s no justification to gamble with carbon monoxide poisoning.
Here are three steps you can complete to keep your family safe:
- Your home with at least one gas heater, attached garage or fireplace requires a carbon monoxide detector. You should have a detector on all levels of your house, including the basement and garage. You also should install one inside or outside of each bedroom. Don’t use a carbon monoxide alarm in your home?
Call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at (713) 352-7887 to purchase one. Ask our Experts about our economical Wi-Fi carbon monoxide detectors.
- If you currently own a carbon monoxide alarm, regularly check or replace the batteries. You should test batteries every 90 days, and replace the detector every three to five years.
- If your carbon monoxide alarm sounds, leave your house right away and call 911.
Protect Your Family with Support from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning
Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary, and with the proper steps your home can be guarded from the toxic gas. Take the necessary steps and call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at (713) 352-7887 to learn more.