No matter what the climate outside in Houston, the temperature within your home dictates how comfortable you will be. Set it just right and your home will seem like a comfortable escape from everything. But if your home comfort system isn’t functioning properly, you’ll feel it. And it won’t be fun.
Get ready for an in-depth look at how you’re handling your home comfort system. It might make the difference between a stable system or a poor performer. Take this short quiz from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to figure out where you stand.
- Hotter days are almost here in Houston. How do you prepare your air conditioner?
- Switch out the HVAC filter and spruce up the vents. Then it’s finished.
- Make an appointment with the pros for seasonal maintenance.
- Nothing. It should be fine.
- You’re hosting a party on a especially warm night, but the AC isn’t functioning. What do you do?
- Instruct my friends to bring chilled beverages.
- Schedule an emergency repair to get it working before anyone arrives.
- Start my fans and pray for a strong breeze.
- Your current HVAC is losing steam. What happens when it’s time for it to retire?
- Have my contractor to select one and bankroll it with a credit card.
- Save worries and expenses by subscribing to a monthly home comfort subscription.
- Choose the most intricate system available in Houston.
- When you receive your next monthly utility bill, what do you think you’ll see?
- It will be a little higher. My HVAC bills have been climbing.
- It will be comparable to the charges for the same month last year.
- I won’t know until I open it. Some bills aren’t bad, but others are stunning.
- Your home comfort system is making a funny noise. What do you do?
- Grab my toolbox and spend a weekend struggling to fix it.
- Schedule a professional technician to check it out.
- Ignore it and hope it goes away.
Now add up your results. If you selected mostly Bs, your HVAC habits are on the money. You’re taking care of your equipment and you made a plan for replacement. But if you answered any of these questions with As or Cs, you can make some changes to help your system perform better. Keep reading to see how.
New HVAC Habits to Help You Save
Arrange Seasonal Maintenance While switching out your air filter and dusting your vents are useful tasks to prepare your HVAC for a season change, a professional maintenance visit is helpful to complete the process. During a routine visit, your pro technician will handle a series of tasks that boost the energy efficiency professional will keep an eye out for more urgent problems for your HVAC. That could save you a costly breakdown later down the road.
Work with a home comfort company that offers emergency repairs. Even precisely maintained heating and cooling systems can have issues sometimes. And it always seems to happen at the least convenient times. A company with 24/7 emergency service can fix the headache and trouble. The Service Experts Advantage Program offers that critical service to homeowners at no other cost.
Create a plan for your HVAC system transition. Many home comfort systems can function for 10 to 15 years, but they can’t last forever. Create an idea of what you want now to evade last-minute pressure when your equipment takes its last bow. The Service Experts Advantage Program™ can be useful. It gives you a new high-efficiency HVAC system with no up-front costs. And as an added bonus, the program comes with free maintenance and repairs.
Keep track of your monthly energy expenses and don’t ignore it when they greatly change. Your power bills can present more than your monthly costs. If you’re noticing a regular increase in your costs but no variation in home comfort, something is likely going on with your equipment. A modern high-efficiency system can give you peace of mind with more stable energy usage—and that means fewer unknown amounts on your bill.
Act when you notice an odd noise from your HVAC system. That noise is more than irritating. It is telling you something is off with your equipment. Even if it’s a relatively small problem, left without a repair it could make for a pricey repair down the road. Don’t try to regulate it yourself. Leave it to the Experts to check out and fix it.
Your home comfort system can cost you quite a lot when you don’t manage it. If you apply these tips, you could save time, additional costs and disappointment. And if your equipment just isn’t cutting it anymore, think about finding one through the Service Experts Advantage Program. It can find you a modern energy-efficient system with no up-front costs and free maintenance and repairs.
To hear more, give us a call or book an appointment online. We’re happy to help!