Booking yearly AC maintenance is helpful.
Checkups keep your AC unit in Houston working at its best performance while keeping utility consumption down. It also could even help prolong its life cycle.
While there are a couple tasks you can finish alone, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC checks and upkeep.
Here are several steps you can take by yourself as you prepare for warm weather.
Get Your AC Maintenance Booked
Spring is a period of renewal, and to many that involves a hefty portion of house, garage and yard cleaning. With the toastier temps right around the corner, it’s also a fantastic idea to include AC maintenance on that checklist.
Spring is the best season to get your cooling unit cleaned and examined. Hesitating to switch it on until the first warm day of the summer can be risky. If you need service or replacement, you could be waiting days for a technician. And that could become extremely unbearable.
And for those with allergies, being one step ahead with a fresh AC system will help assure the best indoor air quality when it’s pollen season.
Also, air conditioner upkeep can be a requirement for your system’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Complete Maintenance Alone?
There are steps that you can complete to help keep your air conditioner unit in the top condition:
- Replace your air filter advises each month or two. This is particularly crucial if you suffer from allergies or have pets in your residence.
- Lawn upkeep near the exterior condenser. Check the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes near your AC equipment. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of free area. You should also get rid of any leaves or branches that have dropped into your unit, because this may impede airflow.
Let the Experts Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you get in touch with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at (713) 352-7887, the initial thing we might do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already finished. Then our pros begin the finer details. We’ll examine your equipment and make sure it’s running properly with these steps:
- Adjusting electrical connections to ensure reliable operation.
- Lubrication to keep moving pieces working like they should and potentially skip problems.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-inducing mold and blockages.
- Fixing coil fins to stay clear of reduced airflow.
- Cleaning the outside coil to eliminate any accumulation from dirt and vegetation.
- Examining controls to double check your equipment is starting, running and turning off correctly.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to make sure your system has the proper refrigeration charge.
If we discover problems that need additional service, we are prepared to provide you the most cost-effective option. Pinpointing possible troubles early can solve bigger issues in the future. This also offers you time to save if your equipment is getting older.
When you are seeking an updated air conditioner to help make your new unit more affordable. No matter what your comfort needs are, you can rest easy knowing our Experts have you covered.
Ready to book your tune-up? Contact us at (713) 352-7887 or schedule an appointment online right away.